Sunday, January 15, 2012

Gear update

Thought Idd do a small gear update. Lets start of with the bike itself;

Finally, the bike is dialed the way I want it. Would love to push the limits of this bike, but its so capable that I probably still have a long way to go. Fast and playfull, and so mush fun to ride!

                                     (click to enlarge)

I wasn't completely satisfied by the performance of the RockShox Monarch RT3. So I send it off to TF tuned (think PUSH). And got it back a few weeks ago, and its just WOW! Pretty much every issue has been solved, and the shock is working better than ever.
(click to enlarge)

The Mavic CrossMax SX 2012 does a great job on my trails. I have no issues at all, just enjoying its great performance, stiff and light.
(click to enlarge)

I mentioned a sidewall rupture back in October 2011. My 2 year old Maxxis HighRoller finally gave in. I did an emergency fix with the  Parktool TB-2. Cool thing is that its still working like a charm, you can just barely spot the patch in this pic(white stuff).
(click to enlarge)

Speaking of tires, I got quite a surprise when I spottet this sidewall rupture on my Schwalbe Nobby Nic EVO tires. I don't see my trails as being particular hard on sidewalls, so to see such damage in just a month of use is a disappointment!
(click to enlarge)

2 comments:

  1. Not really a comment about this particular post but just want to drop a note to say I have really been enjoying reading your writeups in the last couple of years. We're kind of similar in the passion for mtb. But my blog and riding skills certainly pales in comparison to yours. Keep those articles coming. Cheers

    Den

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man, glad you like the blog : )

    ReplyDelete