Friday, April 1, 2011

Preview: E-Thirteen LG1+ Chain Guide

I finally ditched my 2x9 gear setup, and went for a 1x9 setup instead. I have some quite demanding climbing sections on my primary trails, so I wonder how it goes. But im optimistic, as ive been forcing  myself to use only the 32 front ring the last 4 months, thereby simulating a 1x9 gear ratio. It went surprisingly well, and as a bonus It actually made my legs stronger.

I had a bashguard ring on my RaceFace SIXC crankset, but got sick and tired of chaindrops when things got shaky (bigger drops and jumps). So I decided to ditch the bashguard ring entirely and get the chainguide with a taco-bashguard.

I look forward to fully test this device, and to see how it fares with wear and tear. Check out the review soon here on All Mountain Next.

Propably the lightest chainguide/bashguard system out there.
(click to enlarge)
Honeycomb design, keeping it strong while reducing weight:
(click to enlarge)
Indicators for ring size:
(click to enlarge)
By installing it, I ditched the front derailleur, the front shifter itself, cables, bolts, a bashguard ring, and the 22t front ring, all in all it turned out to be alot of weight:
(click to enlarge)
Be sure that your frame-warranty supports a ISCG tabs powered taco bashguard. Not all frames does, and thats even tho' they have the ISCG tabs.
(click to enlarge)
On the trail it runs smoothly, best of all; no more chain dropping.
(click to enlarge)

2 comments:

  1. Nice work seems we've been heading down the same route to 1x9, hope its reliable and does the trick looks like the way to go, just unsure the lower jockey will not impeded my the chainstay on my enduro. Good luck vern

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man, so far its been a joy! Im definately not looking back.

    ReplyDelete