Saturday, April 10, 2010

Preview: Sixpack Millenium - Handlebar

It seems to me that anyone who has got some set of higher skill levels on a bike is running a wider bar. Stability and control is what the deal is about. And the best riders in the world swear by it. The trend started in the US and Canada a few years ago, and its just been spreading like a wildfire, riders in the UK, Germany and France began to pick up these super wide bars, and more and more companies started to make wide bars.. 
I want to know what the buzz is about, so I got my fingers on the Sixpack Millenium handlebar - 760mm of 7075-T6 alloy thats double butted - all wrapped in a white powder coated finish. 
I want to know how it affects my riding for XC, trail, AM, light FR, and some DH and steeet. And I hope to conclude my findings with a review here on this blog. Meanwhile, check out the pics:

(click to enlarge)
(click to enlarge)
(cut the bar a bit down to about 74cm, its about 75cm with endcaps)
(click to enlarge)
wiiiide:
(click to enlarge)
Had my first AM ride today with the new bar, and its very promising regarding to jumps, drops and overall descends. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment