Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Gear gear GEAR Part 1/2

New shiny toys: wheels, a helmet, a handlebar, an airshock, and a bike (not mine tho', 4 is enough)

So here are some gear-shots, with a weight pic and a comment or two, enjoy;

Got new 26" hoops for my DH bike, and for the sake of strength and easy tubeless installation, I went for the Mavic Deemax. I've already had this set on 3 different bikepark trips, and they perform excellent. Strong and stiff, just like the ladies want it.
(click to enlarge)

New check out that amazing rim-job ; ) *gets horny for all the wrong reasons*
(click to enlarge)

Front
(click to enlarge)

Rear
(click to enlarge)

2016 Renthal Fatbar Lite Carbon. I am a fan of Renthal bar, as I think they feel better than other bars out there, so I tend to stick em on all my bikes. This one goes to my YT Capra.
(click to enlarge)

At 179grams for at 760mm,  40mm  rise, this bar is quite lightweight.
(click to enlarge)

More to come shortly.

2 comments:

  1. Do you think I would notice the difference with the carbon handlebar on my Capra? I would go for the 35mm because my Comp 1 AL has a 35 diameter stem. But the Race Face Atlas I had from stock is a great handlebar. I am only thinking to swap to the Renthal only for the Carbon model. But I am not sure if it is worth it. Would I see any difference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @xpertuse

    Hmmm, not really, they have different geo-numbers, so that could feel a bit different, but otherwise I dont think you would notice the switch to carbon.

    ReplyDelete