Sunday, February 9, 2014

Solving a luxury problem

A little DH oriented post this time around.

The luxury problem:
My BOS Stoy RaRe is tracking the ground too good. Its probably a downhillers wet dream, but for me its an annoyance. I want my rear end to be playfull and easy to pop, and that's just not possible with the BOS Stoy RaRe, no matter how I tweaked it.
(click to enlarge)


The Stoy RaRe had to go:
267x90mm with mounting hardware, coil size bs_250_100_190, for those of you who are into weight numbers:
(click to enlarge)


The solution:
Cane Creek Double Barrel Air CS. Problem solved.
(click to enlarge)

267x90mm with mounting hardware.
(click to enlarge)

But why Cane Creek, and why the CS version?
Well I would have preferred a RockShox VIVID Air to be honest, but they are not produced in the obscene size of 267mmx90mm. CCDBACS is. The CS version is appealing to me because the dials are reworked; no more need for that stupid special-tool in case you want to add a single click of rebound. I obviously don't expect to use the CS feature on a downhill bike, but switched off, the shocks functions as a normal CCDBA. (CS stands for Climb-Switch, and adds compression and rebound with a flip of the switch) 
(click to enlarge)

1 comment:

  1. verry nice
    thanks you
    www.channelsonline.howuselogiciel.com

    ReplyDelete