Thursday, June 20, 2013

Preview: Canfield Brothers Crampon Magnesium Pedal

A new pedal has emerged, so new in fact, that its barely hit the market yet (good luck getting a pair in EU). Its the Canfield Brothers Crampon Magnesium Pedal, building on the successful fundamental of the original Crampon pedal.

106mm x 106mm, chromo axle, DU bushings, laser etched logos.
(click to enlarge)
 
Claimed 282 grams, actual weight is 285g, pretty close imo.
(click to enlarge)

Thin 6-10mm magnesium body. Its just crazy thin.
(click to enlarge)

Replaceable dual sided pins. Long, but a tiny bit more fat than the ones on my Podiums, and my experience tell me that thin pins are key to grip on FiveTen shoes .
(click to enlarge)

 Crampon Magnesium VS Point One Racing Podiums. Podiums are noticeably bigger, they feel bigger as well. My Twenty6 Predator are way bigger than both tho'.
(click to enlarge)

So the big question is; will this ultra thin mag pedal survive rock-impacts? Well time will tell, I have been on mag pedals before, and they have a tendency to partially break away on the body itself after big hits. I wonder how these will fare. I already had the chance to test them out in a bikepark, trouble free, but more testing is needed. Expect a review soon, right here at All Mountain Next.

2 comments:

  1. I got myself a DH bike, and wanted something different than "just" another set of Predators.

    ReplyDelete