Friday, December 14, 2012

Some December riding

As predicted, the snow arrived. Been busy on and off the trails anyway, shot a few pics along the way:

Back on the spike tires. Be sure to check my review here.
(click to enlarge)

An important thing I learned during the last few winters, is that 5.10 shoes are no good for sessioning in the snow. Good for trail riding, but not for sessioning in hard or compressed snow. Ice? - you might just as well jump infront of a truck. Yea, I'm talking about the lack of traction in the snow with 5.10. So to remedy that, I put on my most spiky trail-shoes the Salomon SpeedCross 3 CS. The 7mm rubber spikes makes almost vertical snow climbing  possible - perfect for those snow sessions. The grip on the pedals isn't impressive tho'.
(click to enlarge)

Go ahead and climb this hill with 5.10 shoes, it will be your demise. Oh btw, guess where my line of choice  was? ; )
(click to enlarge)

And down we go. I actually switched back to my Vivid R2C Coil rear shock, makes for a more fun ride in the snow.
(click to enlarge)

I'm in the process of testing the POC Bone VPD Leg, so far I'm positive. I'm hyper sensitive about good knee coverage, and the POC Bone VPD Leg delivers. Now for the long term testing. Stick around for a review.
(click to enlarge)
(click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment