Wednesday, March 28, 2012

6 cool riding spots - I didn't know about..

... in the Harz Mountains. Took a trip to the Harz mountains to seek out some new riding spots. I wanted to find something challenging, fresh, fun, and in the All Mountain category. I bought all the maps I possibly could, and started doing some research. I decided to concentrate my search in the EAST Harz mountains. NO ONE that I know of has been riding there, as its always about  the west-Harz - usually leaving the east-harz out of the radar.

So, took my map, did some study on the topography, located the rock-icons on the map, and just packed my stuff and took off into the mountains. Here comes 6 different spots that I found during my 3 days of trail-spotting(without mentioning the actual trail names)

This spot had a massive potential for AM, hell, even devilish DH. No real lines, but it wasn't hard to visual lines upon lines on this mountain top. Bring the fullface helmet..
(click to enlarge)

This trail was leading up and down along a 300m deep canyon, some sections where easy, some hard, others just beautiful. Great blend of AM and trail.
(click to enlarge)

I stumbled upon this spot by pure luck. I bet no bike has ever ridden this place, and what a shame, this ultra lushness coupled with huge rocks reminded me a bit about the Whistler area. Great sessioning spot with FR potential as some of these rocks where as big as a van.
(click to enlarge this panorama shot)

This rockgarden continued down a mountain for more than 2 km. EVIL!
(click to enlarge)

Something ive never seen in the Harz mountain; Slick rocks. Somewhat small area, but with lots of potential for some technical sessioning. 
(click to enlarge)

Unridden equals untamed. Sharp and pointy rocks everywhere on this mountain descend.
(click to enlarge)

2 comments:

  1. Harz Mountain is from North Germany, yes ??
    this trails are good look!

    juanma

    ReplyDelete