Friday, February 19, 2010

Preview: Manitou Evolver ISX-6

Finally got my new rear shock, the Manitou Evolver ISX-6. After reading alot of good reviews of this shock, and the fact that it has low AND high speed compression - I just had to try it out. It offers rebound and a no-tools volume adjust, which controls the end stroke. All of it is combined into the Intrinsic damping. Funny thing about Intrinsic damping is that Manitou is abit tight lipped of how it works, and even on how it works for this shock. 
Anyway, im REALLY looking forward to kick this shock around in the woods, and to fine tuned it for my trails. Ive been on a small 15min ride, and so far its amazing; stable on the pedaling, and sucking in on the drops - but I need to do so much more testing.

 

7 comments:

  1. Hello, im interester in buying this shock, but on a picture 1 the blu rebound dial is on 1 side and on the 2-3th picture is on another side. So is it easy to rotate it >?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its very easy to rotate yes.

    You might want to check out this review before buying tho:

    http://all-mountain-next.blogspot.dk/2011/02/review-manitou-isx-6.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prompt reply, actualy I`m looking into the EVOLVER here are some reviews http://www.mtbr.com/cat/suspension/rear-shock/manitou/evolver-isx/prd_415478_138crx.aspx. Do you know where I can finde a post where is explained how to rotate that main Air chaimber ?

      Thank you

      Delete
  3. You simply empty it for air, and then rotate it. Its that simple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, nice, Thanks, If I get one, I`ll make sure to writte a review. I`m riding a S. Stumpjumper 2009, it will be a interesting experiment.

      Cheers

      Delete
    2. Anyhow, I just realized that you wrote the review that you gave the link of. So all in all you are not rly happy with the thing >? Right now I`m riding a Monarh RT3 which is rly good but I miss the FOX pro-pedal, how is it the Manitou in comparison, when the pedal-bob is in question >?

      Also what was the reason of the fail of your shock, did you repair it or just send it back >?

      Delete
  4. I have no idea as to why the shock failed, I didnt want to invest more money into it, so I never got it repaired.

    The Manitou is inferior to a Monarch in every way imo.

    ReplyDelete