Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Gear update 2

Got back from an AWESOME weekend of German bikepark action(Winterberg and Braunlage). I had such a blast, and had a great time testing my gear. Biggest surprise is the RockShox Boxxer R2C2 2011. Just WOW, what a difference! Plush beginning beginning stroke, a midstroke that actually exists, and a end stroke that wont bend your bars when you get to it. Adjusting low and highspeed rebound took an entire day to find the sweetspot, but I think I got it now.

The bike itself was just shredding, it has such a playfull character. You sit deep into the bike, so its more like that, rather than sitting on the bike, its more intuitive with your body movement, that's the best way I can describe it. I also got a chance to test the claimed "active suspension while braking" - and it does just that. The 200mm up front and rear makes everything faster and more forgiving in the bikeparks than my previous bike, the Enduro SL. I had a blast.

Anyway, more gear landed at my door step, so let me take you through it:

My SRAM X-0 shifter finally died. So I went with a SRAM X-9 this time. BEWARE, its a full 5 GRAMS(!) heavier than the X-0. Silly.
(click to enlarge)

Got the newest Freerider 2011 shoe from FiveTen, propably the best shoe for platform pedals there is. Its the third generation, and the one that has seen most revisions and improvements. Shredding almost 200 grams, a bit lower profile, and its a bit more ventilated up front.
(click to enlarge)

Got a direct mount stem from Superstar Components for my Boxxer. Im not sure what size fits me best, so I went with a cheap option to see if it fits. It might be a bit hard to see the weight numbers, but the scale says 150g.
(click to enlarge)

Specialized Clutch SX Dual Ply for the DH trips. I was using this on the rear wheel this weekend for the DH runs, but I originally intended this tire to be up front for wet/muddy or very loose conditions. Actual weight: 986 g. More on this tire later.
(click to enlarge)

Forgot all about posting the weight of the RockShox Boxxer R2C2 2011. 3.09kg (6.8lbs) Uncut steerer:
(click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment